View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Was lucky enough to be able to take Cobra Craig with me to inspect and test drive the 427R equipped Cobra I am now lined up to buy. What a treat to have Craig along. Learned a lot, and feel very comfortable with the condition of the car and the price I am paying.

So, my impressions of this particular 427R with a dual plane intake? Nice. Well sorted out, and surprisingly easy to drive even just lopping around the seller's neighborhood. A very well behaved motor. I could commute with this motor.

Then, the owner got behind the wheel and demonstrated the capabilities of the engine. I have no idea if the 427R is faster/slower/whatever as compared to any other engine out there, but I can safely say this Cobra was the fastest car I have ever been in. Nuance does not matter - have no idea if the torque/hp curves of the SR or R are better - all I know is the 427R is more car than I will ever need....but, not more than I want ;-) Isn't that why we buy these things?

Thanks all for the tremendous input. I may come to regret not having a BB, but that fully polished Roush 427R sure is a piece of art!

As for sound...pretty impressive. Possibly not as deeply thunderous as a BB, but a very nice sound. Likely a better set of mufflers will change all that.