View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 03:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Darryl, I reckon your new engineer is making you jump through unnecessary hoops there. I dont think there is a cobra kit in Australia that has same maufacturer boosters, master and slave cylinders. Jag front brakes, ford rear, wilwood masters on mine. Looks like we have a great choice of engineers in NSW - those still wearing nappies, and those that are that fed up with the system they arent prepared to take any new cars on.

I also cant understand why it took your car so many tries to pass emissions. You should have an engine there that exceeds the criteria of the current test. Guys have gotten old LS1's to pass with the right tune. Im going to lob in with my standard tune and see how it goes. If it doesnt pass, I get another excuse to take it for a spin.

I reckon I will eventually find a way through this mess, but if not Ill either move to QLD or the NT or sell it to someone in a state with reasonable laws - so Im open to offers on Australias most original cobra 2009-2010