View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 08:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2124
Not Ranked     

Well, turns out everything checked out OK last night. Put the car up on stands, pulled the two rear wheels and did a visual of the rear calipers and checked the adjustment of the e-brake cable. Turns out the hook on the end of the tension spring for the e-brake collar isn't supposed to really connect to anything...the tab on the collar actually sandwiches in between the coils of the tension spring...which seems strange to me. Confirmation of this can be seen on the .pdf file on ERA's website for brake caliper replacement/reconditioning. So working my way up the car, I pulled the cover for the master cylinders and aside from the fact that my front and rear master cylinders were swapped relative to ERA's diagram for balance bar adjustment, all appeared fine there as well. The balance bar was biased the recommended amount to the rear master. So for now, I'll just keep an eye on the position of the e-brake handle - making sure it is fully in the released position. My car has a Series 1 Jag handle and I found that at it's absolute lowest position, the button of the handle remains pushed in. The claw that rachets on the e-brake rack must be riding on the beginning of the rack in this position. I'll remain concisous of this while driving and see what my hand senses on the rear spinners after my next run.

So the cliffs notes version is I didn't find anything amiss..

- Allen.