View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Speaking of morons doing spin-outs with excessive power...

The short of it is .... bad judgment coupled with too deep a gear on a down shift while adding too much throttle.

It happened 3:00 PM today while running on a 4 lane road 45 mph in very light traffic. I did a 180 deg spin then went up across the sidewalk into the grass and dirt at an unfinished intersection. The front and rear switched ends in a flash on a down-shift to pass a slow moving vehicle, very bad judgment. The temps are a bit cooler now so the engine's making a bit more HP and the drag radials don't stick quite as well too, a near deadly combination for me. I did try to control the spin and point the car towards that particular spot, for the most part I succeeding. There were no cars or people there and the curb sloped down for handi-cap egress. The left rear wheel caught the curb while the front wheel along with the rest of the car escaped any contact. Lucky me...

As I said, the rest of the car is fine. The wheel still spins true so I'm not expecting any suspension damage when I put her in the air for a detailed look-see.

Pat, you get a free pass for an "I told you so...".

Looks like I'll have to rethink the hidden 300 hp progressive nitrous fogger system I was planning for a winter project.