View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default Your guardian angels were out in full force

[quote=undy;1078981]The short of it is .... bad judgment coupled with too deep a gear on a down shift while adding too much throttle.

It happened 3:00 PM today while running on a 4 lane road 45 mph in very light traffic. I did a 180 deg spin then went up across the sidewalk into the grass and dirt at an unfinished intersection. The front and rear switched ends in a flash on a down-shift to pass a slow moving vehicle, very bad judgment.

Undy, I am glad you hear that your are safe, the car can be replaced but you can't, the man upstairs musta had your guardian angels on high alert at that time.

That said, are these cars so temprimental that even at 45 MPH if you blip the throttle they can do a 180? After receiving a whole lot of advice on a previous thread and now reading this I'm having severe anal retention issues and I havent even got my car yet. kidding of course, but its alarming for me to think even at that slow speed the car can spin. Glad you are still able to talk about this. We live and learn. Cheers, tin-man