View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     

Jpit - CONGRATULATIONS!! Glad you got her home OK. Midwest classics is a good one also Infinity and Grundy?? (might have that wrong?). There are some excellent insurance companies that specialize ONLY in collectors car insuring - kit cars, collectible antiques. Many of the 'regular' insurers have outrageous limitations on replicas or "kits". State Farm in Miami wanted $1500.00 per year with a max of 1,500 miles per year. Went with Infinity with a $60,000 valuation for $700.00, and 5000 miles per year usage. Not only did you get an ERA, but the car was totally built in-house by Doug at ERA. It was the company car briefly, as we discussed. Great combo of 351 and the 5 speed. And tremendous to know they are just 2 hours from you. Enjoy!! Our "cobra" weather is just around the corner as the summer rains are (hopefully) coming to an end - and we can start going for weekend runs to the Florida Keys!! Enjoy!!!!! (and believe me, my favorite time of the week is 7:00 am Saturday morning, crank up the ERA, head to Starbucks for a coffee, and take off down a twisty back road while the sun is coming up over Biscayne Bay!! I do envy you however - the mountains!!!!!!!