View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 01:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     

GT,

This is the 1st annual event. They are taking baby steps not to over produce. There are around 50 cars registered so far, which I think is pretty good for the first time around. The staff is the same as the Tulsa event in June.

I dropped my car off at the track last night, and there were a number of late model cars milling around, with a couple of '60s parked ready for the morning track session. In the hotel parking lot were around 20 cars. Most late model HP Mustangs and GT500's sprinkled with a few 60's Mustangs, a Falcon, a Torino and others.

Thursday and Friday at the track, a drive-in movie Friday night, car show Saturday morning at the Hilton with a cruise in the afternoon.

A handful of CVAR vintage drivers, some with their race cars, will be participating, including one bringing Mark Martin's old 2003 (?) cup car. A 800 hp monster. (Should be a hoot to watch, it's Doug's maiden voyage on a track with it)

I've talked with a number of CC members who are coming for a visit just to watch at different times

Here's the link:
http://www.texasshelby350.com/
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302