View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default GT at Optima Challenge

Thanks Rick,

I'll do my best, actually Jim is going to ride with me in the autox and coach me on the fly. They don't allow passengers this year on the road course but he will radio my times to me on each lap so I can kick it up a notch (that is if I am close) other wise I'll take my beating like a man. We are down on power and up on weight to some of the competitors but the mid engine lay out plus the down force may even things out a little. As far as Jimmy being a professional he paid his own way out to Vegas and has never been paid to race. He is just flat too good and as a result got everybody else banned too, just so they could keep him out. We are going out there to have a good time and do as well as possible with the rules as they are. I am pretty happy with the GT's upgrades, if Jimmy were driving I don't think they would have a chance against him. Here is a 0-100-0 video, notice there is no drama it just gets it done, the Cobra is a whole lot quicker but a whole lot harder to keep straight both going up and coming down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeWxrBtlw9o

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK LAKE View Post
Cobra #3170 Between you and Jerry as a coach you are going to have to build ANOTHER car next year. I can see this all ready. An all wheel drive car is about the only thing that can run with you. You should get a lawyer for the question about PRO? I though Jerry was in the over the hill gang or Gray Ghost Gessiers? You are not paying thim. In my eyes that makes him a driver in training. Any one who has been on that track has the edge. I believe that Jerry went out cold and ran well. No worries, They guys with 500+ cube motors can't get all the power to the racetrack, so it's again about drivers ability to adjust and being smooth. If you being Jerry, don't forget the pom-poms. Best of luckl Rick L. O'BOY is this going to be GREAT AGAIN.