Old 10-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I have a question about the CSX. Do you get an original type suspension with the Girling brakes included in the $49,995 price (soon to be $59,995)?

The Kirkhams used to charge (they may still, dunno) customers an additional $16,000 (retail) or thereabouts on top of their well-optioned base model.

Personally, I wouldn't want the original type suspension and certainly wouldn't pay $16,000 extra for it, but for the purist, at $49,995 that would seem like a good deal.
Rodnknock,
With a Shelby you get the original suspension with (I believe) Baer brakes, not Girlings.
And I'm also pretty sure that Kirkham still charges that premium for original style suspension. I love the billet suspension and all the 'updates' of a Kirkham, that was a big reason for me choosing a KMP over CSX (glass). But if I wanted a more 'original' car I would've gotten a CSX (glass-for budget reasons) and still been very happy.
But there's another faction that's interesting: What about the guys who buy Kirkhams with original suspension and paint them? How does THAT compare to a Shelby Ally price wise? Did anyone here do it?
rodneym