View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Titanium/Black BDR934, Ford
Not Ranked     

Why can't some people learn to justify spending their own money simply on the merits of the product they bought instead of bashing everything else to make their purchase seem more reasonable? that is a much more elegant and polite way of going about business in life
I Don't want to get into a pissing match here but please at least get your facts straight if you are going to bash a product .. Backdraft is not a kit nor is it an owner assembled car nor it has a BMW frame on it; that makes you 0-3 on the accuracy of your statements . Hope you know the facts about Shelby a little better
BTW; I did go personally to the Shelby factory to compare their products to others prior to deciding on something else for myself and I still don't feel I need to bash what I saw there with my own eyes, not hearsay, not from the wife of my second cousin who knows another guy who may or may not know anything about the car I am bashing...
Congratulations on your Shelby, they are beautiful cars that you can certainly be proud of but I personally like mine better and that is ok too...

FLAME SUIT ON AND RUNNING FOR COVER...
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
When you buy one of these due diligence of them will really wake you up.

I immediately excluded any Backdraft or other do it your self kit. (1) I didn't want to put it together and (2) I saw some cars that were so poorly assembled it was pitiful. I've seen bondo repairs that looked better than the overall quality of the vehicle. I'm not picking on BD or any other, but on the assemblers. I saw two at a car show this fall and they were pathetic. And a Cobra body on a Mustang II or BMW frame ain't a Cobra to me.

So that leaves the assembled rollers. Kirkhams are beautiful. Aluminum doesn't work for me - hail is a big problem here. That left Superformance and Shelby. Option them up the same and they were within $5K of each other. For that I'll take the Shelby. Add carbon fiber for almost no difference and that's what I settled on. Additionally the steering wheel on the Superformances all hit me on the lap. All said you can remove the seat slider rails - nope. The Shelby fit. Choice made.

Hey, the engine is a problem, but that's all sorted out now. And if I lived almost anywhere else in the country it would have been a much faster fix.