View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Guys,
I'm in Houston, TX. I had to light the pilot light on the downstairs furnace up in the attic last night, so I know it's a gas unit. That was interesting trying to figure out how to do that. Anyway, the downstairs compressor unit is made by a company named "Payne". I never heard of them, it's probably junk, but I didn't choose it, it was already installed when I bought the house. The "Product" number is PH13NR036000ACAA, the Model number is PH13NR036-C, and the serial number is 2007X66156. Anything at all that you guys can tell me about this unit would be appreciated. I don't know if it's A/C, a heat pump, if it's good stuff or cheap junk, how old it is, efficiency, etc. I know nothing about it.
As for the compressor for upstairs, that's a bigger mystery, as all brand identifying labels are gone from it, although it appears visually to be a newer unit than the larger downstairs unit. This unit does NOT run when the upstairs heat runs. The only numbers I see on it are Model number TCGD36S21S2A, and serial number W0G8083973. Same questions as above for this unit as well.

The thermostat for the downstairs is a digital Carrier thermostat (I was mistaken when I said White Rogers earlier, that's the old mechanical one for for upstairs). It has two terminal blocks inside, the top one has only an orange wire going to a terminal labeled "O/W2*", and the following terminals on the upper block are unused - S2, S1, Y1, B

The bottom of the two terminal blocks inside the Carrier thermostat have the following connections:
Red wire to R terminal, Yellow wire to Y/Y2, green wire to G, Brown wire to C, and white wire to W/W1. Is this all hooked up correctly? If so can it just be a faulty thermostat? The A/C worked fine all summer, last night was the first night I used the heat. How can I tell if the thermostat is good or faulty?

Any advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.
Luckily I have felt good yesterday and today so I can try to get this thing going. Thanks so much, guys.
Doug