View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 11:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

As I posted before the profit in these engines are comical, pick up a summit catalog and add up the parts, dart block, forged pistons, arp heads, scat rotating assembly, pistons, camshaft, timing gear, carb and these guys are making NOTHING, ZERO, why they do it is beyond me. Absolute best case scenerio on a stroked 351 using a dart block and getting 500 hp i bet the profit margin is less than $3.5K. Now the guy has to pay for his shop, his tools, his dyno, MY WARRANTY, a builder gets one warranty that needs 100% rebuild there goes his profit on the next 4 engines, oh wait, forgot about advertisement, machine work etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
Darren posted this issue on 11/9 and he's getting the parts via UPS one week later. Not too shabby if you ask me. I know you're not going to get Jack Roush on the phone like you would Keith Craft or Tom Lucas but still, not bad. He keeps his KMP nice and shiny but he tracks it as well. Things happen to engines built by ANY builder.

Darren, weren't you getting a Daytona from KMP or was that a rumor? What are you up to?