View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 06:55 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-289 FIA, 65 Sunbeam Tiger, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I would also agree and say wait for the right FIA to come along.

Can you divulge any details on the FIA you're considering? Is it an ERA? Color? Is it 289/302-based or 351W-based? Is it a private sale or is it currently advertised? Any details or must they be kept secret to preserve the deal?
As of this morning, strictly in regards to the 289FIA's.......One that is not listed currently for sale(owner unsure if he is actually selling or not but contacted me anyway), 2 that are not listed for public consumption anyplace that I have seen recently, three that are listed all over the web at asking prices just above my limit. Most of them ERA's, 2 potential Contemporary's. Not saying anything else detail wise until a deal is done as I do not want competition chasing after what I have found.

Bill S.

PS: One 427SC sold last night, crossed off my list of potential back up cars.....While there are less FIA's for sale, it appears there are less buyers who actually want them over the 427SC's..........Different strokes and all I guess........Now, if I could find someone to buy my coin collection (or take it in partial trade) there is a smoking deal on a Kirkham 289FIA for less than $63,000.......

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS