View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

You can always expect a few issues to rear their heads in the first few shakedown miles and it sounds like you had quite an adventure! Like others have advised, pay most attention to the critical issues; in other words the ones that could cause a catastrophic event if they fail. Brakes, steering, suspension (double-check your lug nuts!!), fuel lines, wiring and cooling system.

Turn on everything electrical while the car is idling in the driveway, let it run and see if any switches get hot, fuses blow or wiring starts to smoke. Watch your temp gauge and make sure your cooling system is up to snuff. Is your charging system working? etc etc. Take care of the critical stuff and from there on out have fun tweaking the minor things as you discover them.

One other thing I noticed looking at the pics in your gallery (see below) - your front end appears to be sitting way high. At highway speeds and above, you will gather a lot of air under the front, and depending on how fast you go, it could become an issue. If nothing else, it will look a lot better if you can lower it a bit. Enjoy!!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 01-12-2011 at 07:15 AM..