View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Speed tip: Black sidepipes are definitely faster!

I just got back from road testing the Cobra with the newly painted black VHT sidepipes. I've been wanting to paint them black for quite some time and on the weekend I finally up and did it.

On the test drive, I flogged it around some quiet, twisty up and downhill roads near my home and let me tell you - the back end sure seemed to snap around quicker than before on those second gear exits. Maybe I was just a tad more frisky with the gas pedal, or maybe it was the fumes from the curing paint, but my seat of the pants sez the car is faster now and I'm sticking to that story.

So for those of you teetering on the fence about blacking out the bling, go for it - lose those sissy shiny sidepipes. Not only will the Cobra look a lot meaner, I say it will be faster too!

I might add, as I slowly recover from the adrenaline high (or maybe the paint fumes) that regardless of whether you choose blinged-out or blacked-out for your pipes, there aren't many cars that can make crusty ol' dudes laugh out loud and feel like telling a story after a short 15 minute drive around the neighbourhood.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...