Thread: Turkey Pan
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 07:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2008/351W/TOP-LOADER
Not Ranked     

Quote:
"I don't think the turkey pan helps at all." To make such a statement is idiotic at best.
Well I think this statement is a little off. I can tell you with out mathematics and with a better instrument gauge, the seat of my pants, where the problem lies. It's not the turkey pan that's the problem, it's the air filter we put on top of it! The original Stellings just plain sucks! Even the KN filter as shone above still has it's limits to how much air can come in. Just do the math on the cfm flow of the air filters. They never ran filters on race motors did they. Why because they slow down the amount of air the engine needs. On the street and in most cases we have to run filters to protect the longevity of the motors. I would say most don't take the motors out every 600 miles or so to freshen them up. My car runs A LOT better with out the Stellings filters BUT I can't run around here with out a air cleaner because of all the road work and dust. I like the looks of the turkey pan, I appreciate the performance side, but after a lot of trying both ways I went away from the turkey pan. My car is happier and runs a lot better. The Turkey pan was very hard on my motor just idling around town. There wasn't enough air coming in to help it run down low. Like you said, you have to be moving to get the best use of it. I'm going to get some popcorn now. Matt