View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminor View Post
I expect you'll have a ball at his shop.
Indeed I did. Multiple Brock Coupes, a new 289 FIA, several GT40s, plenty of 427 Cobras, and a couple of customer's roadsters with under-car exhaust, which was a great opportunity for me to see and hear.

I got a ride with long time customer (15 years) in his roadster with undercar exhaust. He had seen this thread and walked up to introduce himself shortly after I arrived. It was great to see/hear the difference in the "audio experience" of that alternative exhaust configuration. I like it. His car is 15 years old with 90K miles and you could have convinced me it was brand new had he not told me so. Quite a testimony for Superformance and Olthoff's Racing.

Paul, one of Dennis's great mechanics, also took me for a spin (a 100MPH spin) and took a lot of time from his day answering my questions and showing me around, even though it appeared they had a shop full of work to complete.

Dennis was great, as was his sister (her name just escaped me, so sorry) and they sent me home with even more info.

It was like a day at the fair when you're seven years old. *whew* Now to scrape up enough "jack" to get on with the program. One day soon, hopefully.