View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#131 520 cubes; 650 HP
Not Ranked     

I'll sell you my SPF pipes w/the 3"core Stainless Specialties mufflers for $1000...
They are already ceramic coated too, but you will probably want to polish them before installing...
BUT, you will have a wait a little while before I can send them to you... I have to get my Firefly Pipes installed before I can ship you my old ones...
For me, I think I got @40HP more doing this mod. myself (520 cube Big Block) but I can tell you one thing:
ANYONE that does JUST a muffler mod on SPF sidepipes WITHOUT doing some serious work inside the collector area isn't going to see ANY HP gains (maybe lose HP?)... PE charges more for this work/feature, so make sure THAT'S what you are getting!!! If not, you are paying $1200 for NOISE, nothing more... Also, I have seen some of the PE sidepipes, and personally, they look like they were welded back together with a STICK welder!!! Granted, the set I saw was a few years ago, so hopefully for your sake, they've gotten better! But, I think somebody who just left a job as an I-Beam welder on a construction sight put the PE pipes together that I saw!!! Mine were welder together by a prototype welder and they look as good as stock...

BTW, even though I saw decent HP increase with my own sidepipe jerry-rigging and collector mods, I am thinking that I'll get another 20-30 HP out of the Firefly pipes!!! They have a WAY better merge-type collector, and a propretary performance muffler that has a different core design than the Stain. Spec. muffler... Again, BB motor though, your mileage may vary...

Oh, you wanna hear the pipes I'll send you? I'm the first guy in this clip:

YouTube - London Cobra Show Burnouts

Trust me, they ARE louder than stock, and they have a nice ROAR at throttle... Nothing "stealth" about them... I often set off car-alarms in the neighborhood when I idle by them in 1st/2nd gear...
(BTW, I didn't lock up the brakes at the end of that run; it was an aggresssive downshift that's all. Afterall, I was going over 100MPH at the end of that run, and I had to slow it down somehow! LoL...)

Pat