View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the feedback so far, guys. Please keep it coming.

Doug, I just double-checked on Kumho Canada's website and they still offer the Ecsta STX in 275/60R15 (107H), but they don't have it listed in 255/60R15 for the fronts. Strange, as my mechanic says he can get 'em and I have seen them listed on other tire sites. Maybe it's old stock.

Rick, I think the Avon CR6ZZs might be a bit hardcore, and expensive, for my needs. I had been leaning towards the Mickey S/Rs, but my mechanic has had some bad experiences with those before (i.e., poor quality tires and hassles exchanging them with the distributor) so he's been trying to find me some options. I also read some guys (on SCOF) complaining of chronic flat spotting and out-of-round problems with the Mickey S/Rs. Any idea how isolated or commonplace these issues are with these tires?

Other than the BFGs and Firestones, all these other tire choices are gonna be special orders up here in Canada. It adds to the hassle factor and is why I'm trying to gather some input beforehand from fellow Cobra owners.

Brian