Thread: Pusher fans
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 02:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Fibercraft Bodies 427 S/C, 351W disguised as a 427.
Send a message via AIM to SuperHart
Not Ranked     

The original fans are very inefficient even if they DID have a shroud around them when compared to modern fans of the same diameter. Still, they represent "original" and look good but that's about as far as they go. In addition to the original fans, I mounted a SPAL 16" puller fan on the rear of the radiator and that does a good job keeping the motor out of trouble even on the hotter days. I also use a thermostatic sensor in the radiator fins for the fan to come on automatically at 195* and a manual override switch on the dash just in case I want them turned on sooner. OH, I have things wired so all fans come on at the same time. Thus far I have been more than satisfied with the performance. I originally mounted the fans so the center of the fan was approximately halfway up the radiator. The fans appear to be higher because the radiator is tilted backwards so the fans are actually pointing somewhat downward. The motors are to the outside with the fan blades closer to the radiator.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."