View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterAllen View Post
I had two articles published in Custom Kitcar and I am disappointed to see it (apparently) fold, however, I think it really was just a case of when. Kit cars are a very very small market and in this era of instantaneous communications the print media in general is struggling. Further, distribution is a real cartel in print media with up to 95% of the magazine shelf price going to distributers, something all would-be publishers should factor into their business plan.

All the indicators point to the economy being in good shape (in Oz), despite the naysayers' comments, and I believe it is rather disingenuous of Robert to blame the economy if his magazine didn't turn a profit. That stated, I'm sad to see it go.
I actually print all the major publications and across the board distribution and subscriptions have decreased on average between 15% and 30% so it is not a big surprise that the mag has disappeared.
...this should also point out to anybody aspiring to do something like this you must have the time and systems in place to service your readership as it is important you can communicate /relay /fix and value add to grow your Product.
It's a real shame that it has gone to the wall as it was viewed by many on here and was becoming a real resource and alternate forum for the Kit community.

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln