View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 03:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Not to bad

Rwillia4 Rob pictures helped #6 & #7 plugs look on the money for firing. There are other factor with this issue also. What we need is a spark plug checker. It looks like a flashlight with a magnifing glass to look inside between the isolator the other case. This will tell you heat range being too hot or cold. Gap? I think I read that MSD said to add .010-.015" extra clearance because of the longer more powerful spark. The 2 good plugs I see, look like the opening is facing the intake valve. Every time this is open the air/fuel combo hits the sparkplug and helps keep it cleaner. Degreeing the spark plugs will help keep them cleaner. Like said before, without a choke to help the motor start and run when cold it needs to run rich. Have all 8 stacks been balance with an air flow meter. This meter sits on top of the TWM stacks and measure air flow. Cost is about $45.00 and would get 2 to make it easier to setup. I would go up 1 heat range and I think your motor will be in the ball park. Drive normal and lets see how the plugs look after a couple of drives of 10-15 miles. If you can, Turn on fuel pump and build up pressure. turn off and start motor. there is enough fuel to get it running, then turn fuel pump back on and run like normal. It's better to run a little rich than lean out. If you are really serious about fine tuning the car an A/F meter will be needed and another bung hole put in the other header or side pipe. This way now you have readings on both sides of the motor. This will make it easier to find the sweet spot of the motor and the mid range power will pickup also. Rick L. Ps remember do ONLY 1 thing at a time and test. Plugs and O2 are good step first.