View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 10:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SP02423 KCR 445W 611hp 599ft lbs
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the link akfish. Bobcowan. If the intake was off I would do it similar to the pic in the link as my fellow Cobra friend's is plumbed this way. Since the intake is on the car I am going to drill just below the base at the rear using a right angle drill. I've already made a diaper (many times over) in the plenum to catch any particles that may fall into the plenum and down the runners. I would not take the chance of trying to seal the plenum that far down the runner and drill and tap as in the pic. I had to tap for my water temperature sensor while on the assembled motor and it worked just fine. I dipped the drill bit in grease, drilled a little, cleaned bit, dipped in grease, drilled a little more and so on. Use the same technic using the tap and there was minimal shavings in grease that fell to the floor of the water jacket and just dabbed it up with a q-tip. I assure everyone...it is taped up to the hilt and only shavings that will get by will fall into the sealed open plenum only. Thanks for your concern. Metal particles and combustion chambers would be a bad mix!