View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 07:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik289 View Post
Read your "uninsured motorist coverage" carefully. My understanding is that it has more to do with medical coverage for you and your car's occupants in the event you are hit by an uninsured than coverage for repairing your car. You are among many that don't understand that.
Things must be different in TX than OK...I had a fender-bender in a 99 Eclipse with <10,000 miles on it, not my fault and the other driver had no insurance. My Uninsured Motorist coverage repaired the car with all new Mitsubishi factory parts (Allstate had no problems paying for factory panels with less than 10,000 miles on the car), but the deductible was only $250 on an uninsured motorist claim, compared to $500 on a collision coverage claim. My daughter was just rear-ended by a drunk in San Antonio last November, it totaled her Honda Civic and of course the drunk had no insurance....Geico (my daughter's insurance company) paid her the full "private sale" value of her car under Uninsured Motorist provisions and her deductible was only 50% of what it would have been under her standard collision coverage coverage, too.

PIP coverage paid for my daughter's medical expenses, not uninsured motorist.

Cheers!!

Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!