View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427S/C w/ 1968 428 Cobra Jet Holley 750
Not Ranked     

Thanks to all for the input. And don't worry, I respect the car and I have a healthy respect for the dangers of high power to weight ratios from some close calls on my motorcycle.

What do I plan to use the Cobra for? I'm not going to lie. I can simply stare at it in my garage for hours, or take it to the ice cream stand with a smile on face the whole way, occasionally making some noise. I drive it to work. And... that's about it, and I'm okay with that. Having this car at all has been a major checkmark on my bucket list as I turn 40 this year. I'm admittedly not as serious as many of you (yet) but it doesn't diminish how much I love the car.

I have no specific plans to do anything to the car, mostly because it's already exactly what I want it to be. Part of my issue is that I wanted to build onr, but I bought used instead for cost reason. And while I am grateful that it was built so well, I can't help but to want to get more involved and do more to it than drive it and keep it clean. But I'm not complaining. And although I think I have a healthy respect for it, I am planning on a driving school this spring.

Thanks for the feedback. As my expertise increases, and if/when things break, I will consider if modifications are a wise undertaking and will surely consult these forums for advice.