View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 05:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
I feel like a thread terrorist for continuing the hijacking of this thread but alas... I will add my humble & forecast...

New Mustang Shelbys will be next to worthless in future.

For there to be value in the future it would mean they need to be even remotely desirable (or preferably ICONIC & preferably rare) today by the 10-25 year old age group. So that when they are 35-60 odd and have worked & amassed their wealth they would be able to afford the "toy of desire" or "dream car" that they yearned for when they were young and couldn't afford.

I'd guess with a plethora of Mustang offerings in Roush or Saleen or Ford direct Boss, GT blah blah blah... and none that are specifically in race exclusive format. I'm guessing other than the oldder crew who remember the exploits of the 60s, no-one would care less about the "Shelby" name as the age demographic is missed (imho).

I have no stats to prove(disprove) this hypothesis, but I'd argue that today more of the younger brigade would opt for a Kirkham ahead of a CSX4xxx series. I know I would & did & I in my low 30s.

REAL1 is correct on one thing - Time will tell.
wtf? what a totally useless off topic diatribe ...