View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you guys-flattery will get you EVERYWHERE.
JR-you forgot to add that thanks to that car, shares of Advil are trading at a five-year high.

Chap thanks-it STILL is a nice looking car! -not Maine but MA.

BTW I'd like to mention that the gentleman buyer brought two technical associates to inspect the car for him and haul it in their beautiful 24' box back home.
After polite and friendly introductions, when the garage door opened one went to the front and one went to the back of the car. Before I could put a mat down for them they were under the diff and oil pan. For ten silent minutes they inspected on behalf of their client like Secret Service agents. They didn't miss a spot. They essentially reported to the buyer-'It's everything he said it is'. That gent was conducting his own tour of the paint, cockpit, trunk and engine room.
A bit later when I started it on the jackstands, they watched all gauges intently and were very pleased at what they saw (and heard!). At lunch we had a nice chat about the car and their business. Competent, intelligent and friendly guys.
I want to mention it here because I'd highly recommend them to any of you in the New England area. Their company assembles replicas and services, maintains and restores muscle cars and collector cars within their storage facility. They are currently building and modifying a FF Daytona Coupe as their killer 'track rat' and assembling another for a customer. They speak fluent 'FE' also and have some in the shop now. It's my understanding that the buyer is very pleased with them as he has selected them to do the future major maintenance on the car.
They are Neil Childress and Greg Pellegrino, co-owners of Vintage Motorsports Garage of Hollister MA.
They can be found here:
Vintage Motors Sports - Holliston MA

Last edited by ERA Chas; 03-03-2012 at 01:52 PM..