View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 951mat View Post
Thanks for starting this thread Brent. I cant wait to see assembly. You'll have the timing cover thursday.
Hey Mark, I talked to Daily and Id bet there's no room for price negotiation. He does have a different modular system he's developing for Windsors. Might be a good application and slightly less $$$.
Kevin, I'm understand the question on the dry sump. I think it's great no one here questions the 550-600 hp. just shows how twisted we are here on CC.
It may be a little overkill for me, but if I ever turn a hot shoe loose in it showing me how to drive it, I'll be glad I got it. And wait till u see it. It is actually art work.
Mat
I like dry sumps, as we race 360/410 winged sprint cars. There's been a few guys years ago, that just ran a wet sump, and surprisingly,.....never had any issues with oil starvation and g-forces. I personally would never go there ! lol

I'm building a mechanical roller side oiler with somewhere between 600/700 HP/TQ, mainly for the street, and although a dry sump would be cool, I just won't need it, plus more cost in parts and maintenance. If I road raced it, even just a hand full of times each year, that would be a different story.