View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippy View Post
I bought a set of Craftsman racheting box-end wrenches from Sears yesterday and realized at home they are made in China.
That's been disappointing to see. Like many people here, I'v been buying Craftsman tools for decades. I still use some of the sockets and wrenches I purchased decades ago. But, now that Sears is owned by K-Mart, you can find Craftsman tools everywhere, and they're just not as well designed and made as they used to be.

Now I look in Lowes and Home Depot for better made tools. If I could get them, I'd be looking at SK and Snap-On.

I look for products made in America. I pay extra for them. I know I could get a cheaper knock off of an Edelbrock manifold or heads, or cheap copies of all kinds of speed parts. The catalogs and magazines are filled with those parts. But I won't put any of them on my car.

Those cheap knock off parts are there because people will buy them. If there's a market, some body will fill it. But if everyone buys them, Edelbrock goes under. Then who will do the research to develop new and innovative parts?
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto