View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 03:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Welcome Gerhard,

Congrats on the move to Queensland, almost anywhere in that state is a wonderful part of the planet.

Answers:
1) yes you can, BUT....
2) I'll pm you tomorrow with the how to... (& provide the necessary government links)
It can get complicated depending on how far along you are & and what exactly you are bringing in.

With regard to point 1) "importing"
Sorry, to say but the expense may not justify the means.
To register the car here you'll need to comply with AUSTRALIAN DESIGN RULES (ADRs) there not my rules, but government compliance regulations that will cause you issues
They are not insurmountable, but they are a pain in the a$$! And I mean a"$$$$$"
For instance: part of the ADR engineering report requires torsional beam testing. If your chassis fails to meet the requirement. You're up for big bucks to test engineer and retest till the standard is met. (For the record - most OS kits don't meet ADR requirements.

Knowling the little you've told us, if I were in you, I'd most likely sell the kit to someone in South Africa, recoup the funds and start over with an Aussie ADR approved kit. It will save you much beauracratic grief, and allow you better resale in Aus and be the most cost effective way forward.

Alas that's just one man's opinion.
Good luck