View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 06:18 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolsen42 View Post
Kinda puts things into perspective, doesn't it

John O
See Bill, your strategy worked. You got a believer already.

When you can't refute facts, throw mud and try and besmirch the other person personally. That was your strategy years ago along with your little group of buddies who would swear to what each of you said about me despite it not being true. But, there were more of you and only one of me. So I guess you win.

All I will say about your little "accusation" backed by the fascinating even numbered and convienent "200 witnesses" is that it didn't happen that way. Further, even if I did a "burn out" in that beautiful ERA it wouldn't be intentional thats for sure. Second, it's absolutely wonderous and "convienent" that even if it did happen as you describe this "big smokey burnout" you can ascribe the exact purpose and motive behind it.

I do remember some guys doing burnouts onto Rt. 10 from that show each year. Gee, maybe everybody was pissed too! But, maybe I'm wrong. Tell us, what were their motives?

I will agree that my ERA was stunning. Believe me, my decision to sell it an buy a Shelby Cobra has nothing to do with "losing some show to a FFR". But I guess you can read my mind on why I sold my ERA too.

This crap is exactly the kinda of crap that made me lose interest in this site years ago so just stop. Ok? Not only is what you are saying inaccurate and wrongly ascribe a motive that suits you it conveniently changes the focus from the subject at hand to a completely irrelevant one.

As to this other CSX owner saying what you say he said, sadly on that your are correct. I know exactly who you are talking about. I have been the receipient of his line of BS also here in NJ. I thought about putting him in his place but stopped as we were in public and I didn't think it would end well.

However, to use his antics as the " measuring stick " for Contiuation owners is extremely unfair, wrong and candidly insulting. In fact, I think the better measuring stick are the Continuation Cobra owners here on this site and all those that have registered their Cobras with SAAC as Continuation Cobras in a public document.

I've heard some FFR owners at cruise night tell the "civilian" that it was a Real Shelby Cobra and/or that the 302 or 351 in the engine bay was a 427. So what does that tell us about the rest of the FFR owners? I don't know. You tell me.

By the way we are still waiting for your CSX#.

Hey, you have a nice day.

Last edited by REAL 1; 06-24-2013 at 06:30 AM..