View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 01:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX6363
Not Ranked     
Default Looking for some ideas for the garage

Okay CC members, I need your help. I started building my 24x30 garage back in April and before the first shovel of dirt was dug, I’ve struggled with the idea of how I was going to finish the interior. The sheetrock is finished and the garage door will go in next week and I’m still indecisive on how I’m going to design the interior.

I’ve spent a great deal of time on the Garage Journal site and didn’t come away with any ideas so now I’m asking for your thoughts and ideas. Bottom line…..I want to with some sort of Cobra, Ford, and/or Shelby motorsport theme. As far as colors, I’m leaning towards painting the walls an off-white down to the chair railing and light blue (guardsman, lemans, etc.) below, with a white stripe around the middle. I'm not a graphics guru but the pic below gives you an idea of what I'm describing.

A 4-post lift will be on the left side so there are no plans to install cabinets or hang anything that could hit a car. On the right wall, a workbench will run from the far corner to the side door as well as cabinets.
With the exception of the TV, the back wall will be bare as well as the left wall so I could hang memorabilia, photos, or even a mural.

So CC, let’s hear your suggestions and a few pics of your layout so I’ll have some ideas to “borrow”!