View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 05:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
The one thing I would like to have in my garage would be for the trouble lights to be on those little tracks up on the ceiling so you can pull them down, and the cord comes out, and you can pull them down to the end of the garage, and it "rolls" down the track that's on the ceiling. And then when you're done, you just tug on it once and the cord retracts and the trouble light is 'hanging" safely over your head, out of the way. That's not a great description, but you probably can tell what I'm talking about. I'd like the power outlets that way, too. You know, hanging over your head, within easy reach, instead of over on the wall. I hate stumbling over cords on the floor in the garage.
Patrick - I have a couple of these coiling lights hanging in my garage. Plugged them into the electrical receptacle up there in the ceiling for the garage door opener and hung them from some eye bolts screwed through the sheetrock into the rafters. They are a relatively easy garage accessory.

GT350Mike - you mentioned the garage door is going in next week. Think about getting a high R value urethane insulation package on it. Mine included a metal liner over the insulation - basically a sandwhich panel. Those doors cover a large area and depending on what sun it receives in summer and how cold of temps you have in the winter, it can significantly help keep the temperature in there more comfortable.