View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 09:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427, 427/487 side-oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT350Mike View Post
Lippy, one of our fellow CC members, Dwight, talked me into installing 5 or 6 T-5 lights in the garage so I hope the space station can see my garage when the lights are on. Never have considered Griots floor paint but will look into it. Can you elaborate more about the quartz finish and the Metro shelves?
Go to Car Care Products, Detailing Supplies, Auto Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789 and it's called industrial non lifting floor paint. It comes in a few colors but I like their lightest tan. Of course, prep is key and you need to clean and etch the concrete. They offer an option of quartz non slip aggregate. I had this in my last house because it made the surface safer when wet and my family went through the garage often. But it also makes the floor harder to clean. I didn't use the quartz on my house and it is cleaner and smoother, but slippery when wet.

Metro shelving is the standard you see in restaurants, etc. It comes in chrome, black, and other colors, and is US made. There are Asian made cheap knock offs from Home Depot and others, but the real metro is nicer. Metro: Solutions that Simplify Everyday Life - Mobile Edition