View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Lippy - your garage is far too neat!! Mine started out looking like that 3 years ago. Now it looks ready for an episode of American Pickers.

You are one of the first who has tried 3M Defender and posted positive comments. Care to share any tips and lessons learned?

I doubt there is much you can do at this point about the area of the trunk lid not sealing well. You could add a strip of 1/4 inch wide x 1/8 inch thick sealant strip to the underside of the trunk lid edge in that area. It would probably not be real visible with a black car but it may bother you evey time you see it. I see where you shimmed the trunk. I did the same with washers under the hinges on the body side. Since you loosened the hinges, you might also look at the gaps forward and at the bottom. I found on mine during the body work phase that I had to be careful to always get the trunk lid reinstalled in exactly the same position as a 1/16 of an inch forward or backwards changed how the lid fit flush to the body by quite a bit.

I agree with XB-60, I really like those FIA wheels. Whole car looks nice.

Dan