View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 03:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Look into a G-Force

spookypt First name would be nice? Spooky doesn't go well with colored people on the east coast, just a thought. Now for the rest. I have been running a clutchless G-Force for 9 years. Same a T-Rex or Jerico. The only down side to this is the 5th gear is a 1 to 1 ratio. They sell no overdrives. I run a 3.31 rearend. With a 482 motor, I am thinking of going to a 3.08 ratio. 1st gear is 3.00. The shift is quick in the first 30 feet. I start more time out in 2nd gear. I run a street twin clutch. The trans shifts like butter with just tapping the clutch pedal to unload the drivetrain. I took the trans back to G-Force for a Check and cleaning from all the racing and was asked if I was running it? I go about 4-6 times a year to auto cross or road course. They said the trans was in perfect shape. Have you looked into a Richmond street super duty 5 speed? It comes with a 2.80 first and .87 overdrive or .62 overtrain with a lower 2.44 first gear. This trans is good for 600hp and torque of 600 under full load. I have an old richmond 6 speed that had shifting problems with both a bad clutch issue and when the tunnel got hot in the summer from poor air flow. Better clutch and a 4" blower fan have fixed any trans problems. If you are going to race, add 2-3 fans to move the air under the hood and down the trans tunnel. If you have a big strong motor, Running a 4 spd might still be the best setup. I got a deal on my 5 spd. I am happy with it but would change 1st gear to a 2.40-2.60 first gear. Rick L