View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 11:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Kits (Harrison) Ford 302
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ47 View Post
Good job for your first race meeting Mads are you going to continue next year. Here's some more Aussie cars mixed in supper TT at Winton in the wet this year it was very slippery but it was interesting seeing them race all sorts of other cars. Winton Super TT July 2013 - YouTube
Hopefully i'll be back in something for a round or two here and there next year. Whether that's an Aussie Racing Car I don't know...

Yeah it's interesting that Aussie Racing Cars are capable of 1:05s/1:06s at Wakefield Park with a good steerer. We all know of course that the fastest street registered Cobra's at the Nationals are doing approximately those lap times. But you can see in your video LJ, they make up all their time in mid corner speed/braking and acceleration. They are actually quite slow once you get to 100km/h, top end speed is really not that great so they lose all their time there. I think at Sydney the top speed I was getting to was only about 180km/h-190km/h on the main straight so they're not mega fast considering the length of the straight and that it's downhill!

Definitely awesome cars though, by far the most fun i've had on a race track. Just so easy and fun to drive! Not like a Cobra where they constantly want to kill you!