View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

Reading this and seeing the picture reminds me of an incident that a freind experienced while returning from one of the first West Coast Cobra Bashes that were held in Reno. 3 cars were caravaning back to Central Calif coming down Hiway 80. Somewhere around Grass Valley Johns transmission locked up while in 4th gear at about 60-70 mph. I was in the lead and Cindi was at the rear. I went around a large sweeping turn and went to check my mirrors and neither of them were in sight, I slowed down and pulled off the road and soon realized there was aproblem. I got out of the car and walked back about a1/4 mile to find his car backwards and off the road. He had spun while in traffic a complete 360 degree spin on the Hiway and slid backwards at reduced speed off to the right and up a small imbankment. Minor damage to the car, no physical injuries to him. If there had been more traffic or anyone in one of the lanes adjacent to him it could have been real bad.

Glad you are going to be alright...

Quite often you wont get a second chance in one of these cars. Just saying........

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way