View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizbamsc View Post
I have a Snellings air filter, I was considering the idea to use a filter from KN which will give me more air flow, like the one posted by Patrick. I will post a picture of my engine next.

Gary, it would run super rich, foul the plugs, and die.[/quote]

Interesting, as with my Turkey Pan and K&N I actually had to richen up my 850 QF Carb from the original engine dyno and chassis dyno settings/results. In normal driving with air flow I had a lean condition at 3,500 to 4,000 on the primaries but finally after a lot of trial and error ended up with the primary jets up 5 sizes and idle air bleeds up 8 sizes (from were they were from the dyno results) which fixed it. My turkey pan is a bit larger then the normal stock ones like Kirkham's (upright ring comes off with 6 screws) and it looks like my KN (9 inch by 2.5 or 2.75) might be a bit more exposed to internal engine compartment air. If you believe all the posts regarding the air scoop actually lets air out vs in, under speed, that might also have something to do with mine breathing better vs some of the others shutting off incoming air. Interesting subject however.

Here is where I got my turkey pan and the fuel log (fuel log bolts to the turkey pan plate and finishes it off real nice). Mine is the AC Cobra 427 Turkey Pan standard finish $205.00 and the fuel log is $96.00.

MASTERTOUCH327.COM