View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR#1344/Dart SBF 427
Not Ranked     
Default Clutch issue with new BDR

Guys, just wanted to get your input on an issue I just started having with my clutch. Been in contact with my builder, but just want to see what some of you think or suggestions before I start ordering parts and which one to try first.

The clutch pedal started losing pressure. To best describe it, it seems that sometimes the pedal gets soft and as such, the engagement of the clutch is all over the place and not in the normal spot that I was used too when releasing it. Tonight however, I had the clutch in at a red light and the car started to lurch forward with the clutch engaging and died. Almost rear ended a Vette.
I have no visible leaks anywhere and fluid level remains the same. With the car off, if I depress the clutch (more like lightly push it, the distance to get pressure is either immediately or almost to the floor or somewhere in between. Very random) I can hear a squirting sound (when I don't get resistance) which I'm assuming is the master cylinder. I've bled this clutch 4 times with no effect. The clutch engaging at the red light was a first tonight.

The slave cylinder seems fairly common in these cars and should be easy to fix. The master cylinder looks to be a royal PITA.

As a side note to better help ya with your thought process, I've had the slave cylinder and transmission off the car 4 times for another problem I'm working on, but we never disconnected the lines, just laid it and the bracket up on the frame to get the tranny off. Not sure if it's related or not.

Master Cylinder or Slave? Neither.

Talk amongst yourselves but let me know.