View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2660, FE-406
Not Ranked     
Default Intro, cautionary tale

Folks, this is my first post, however the content was not exactly planned. It is somewhat of a heads up as well.
I just took delivery of a lovely Superformance Cobra, very well taken care of, 6-7 years old, less than 5000 miles. Never tracked, beat, etc. really pristine. The deal went well, seller a real gentleman, etc., etc.
I have literally 15 miles on this tonight and have my son out for his first ride. Out on highway, run through the gears, back home and about 1/4 mile from home punch it a bit and.......BANG, something let's go in the rear end. Push it home, Jack it up, look around and find, to my wonderment, the drive side inner CV flange is flopping around and the bang was the single bolt left out of the eight that should be tight had sheared. I mean, I know these cars are well built but good God 4300 miles on the car.
I apologize for maybe sounding a bit cranky, but my heart rate is finally coming down and I figure that a heads up is in order. You better check those flanges, inner and outer boys, just to be safe.
I'll check my local fastenall in the AM but anybody got a source for these things if I come up short?

Last edited by Tim7139; 08-16-2014 at 04:08 AM..