View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 09:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

I SWEAR it was a coyote or dog or some little hairy brown man in the road and I swerved to miss it......

Actually, I hit a little gravel on the side of the road in one of those curves that just keeps coming and tried to climb up the side of the mountain. Definitely glad it was on the side of the road with the mountain rather than the side with the rapid decent. Now THAT would have been really bad. I didn't get a scratch or bruise, but the pimp-ho-gold slutty-butt didn't do so well. The harness did its job, almost too well. As I was hanging from it, I saw lots of gas coming out of the carb but fortunately didn't drip on the headers. I did renew my efforts to get out of the harness. Some plastic damage, a couple bent rims and ruined tires, a broken shock and it looks like I may have bent the frame and definitely some of the steering/chassis parts. Hoping she can be fixed. The deputy sheriff didn't site me but the DPS guy gave me a good driver's award, or failure to control for conditions, or something like that. My insurance will be thrilled, as is my sweetie.
Thanks for everyone's thoughts. Maybe the third time will be the charm and I won't have to worry about fixing the car?