View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 12:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     
Default Time for a Summer Trip

It’s time for a mid-summer Arizona Cobra Club Trip. No, you do not have to drive your cobras, but you can. It’s still hot and rains many afternoons up there. Bring out your Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, Honda or Kia. Combine friends in 1 car, bring the grandkids, or your mother in law and join us for our first annual “North in Arizona” summer trip.
If any of you have lived up north in Arizona you know how many attractions there are to visit near Flagstaff. The plan is to meet up on a Saturday morning in the near Phoenix area such as Fountain Hills or Carefree Hwy then drive north to visit scenic and interesting attractions, stay Saturday night at an acceptable motel with dining nearby and a welcome parking lot, then drive home Sunday. It’s about the people.
Our last event, the Fun Run was over on May 3rd and our next event is most likely September 12th for the Coronado Trail Run. That gives us over 4 months with no activity. Although a good time to fix our cars, it gets boring.
I have drawn up 7 different weekend runs up north that can be taken each year in July. Even Tucson members could join us. I have not planned for the far north such as Lake Powell or the Grand Canyon. Easy, fun drive but not a hard charging cobra trip.

I propose this as the first trip: Perhaps July 18 and 19.
Trip #1: Total 207 miles in about 7 hours with 3 stops.
Depart from Fountain Hills 9am fueled and fed
Fuel stop Payson
Tonto Bridge
Lunch/fuel stop Winslow
Meteor Crater
Quality Inn check in 3-4pm Quality Inn Winslow (AZ) - Motel Reviews - TripAdvisor (Right now $77)
Standin on the Corner photo ops (Gary & Vicki?)
Dinner nearby
Parking lot gathering for all (Avg high 93 low 62 degrees)
Sunday: Drive home via your favorite route.
On Google Maps: http://tinyurl.com/kgwnrox

AZ Bob