Thread: WA to NSW rego
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

i went thru this when i was looking to buy a car interstate i am in sa the best thing is ask to see what engineering papers the car comes with most sellers will happily send thru a copy of what they have and then ring the dept of rego and ask to to talk to someone about icv individually constructed vehicle's ask if they will look over the reports you have and see if they will approve the car for nsw and if not to give you a list of approved engineers.

i did this a couple of times here one car i looked at from interstate they was happy to rego with just a engine number check as the engineers report was quite comprehensive but other cars would have to be re engineered depending again on the reports that come with the car this could cost up too 5 grand so bear that in mind when you make a offer on a car .
in the end i decided if i had too pay full tote to get a car engineered to get on the road here i may as well build one from scratch so i decided to order a kit from absolute pace . but if you dont have the tools and space to build one or you want one on the road as quick as you can then building one might not be for you and buying one and getting it re engineered in your state may be the better option .

im not sure if things are different in nsw but this is what i found in sa
cheers dean