View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Danr, yes, I do have a magnetic drain plug, which was clean. I'm also hoping the oil filter does its job. I used my inspection camera and could see no damage but I'll be doing as thorough a cleaning job as I can and will be doing further inspection.
BobB, thanks for the seat offer. Superstition Bill is also offering a seat. If, I don't get back on the road, I'll certainly be going with one of youse guys.
I hadn't thought about the lifter being turned, but that is a possibility. The dog bone lifter retainer did have one ear broken off. Don't know if that is recent or possibly the way the engine was put together. Although I'd had the heads off once, I had not taken the retainer hold down spider off. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking the engine builder (who is long out of business) used a broken retainer, covered it with the spider, and got away with providing a crappy engine. I have not been able to find the chunk of steel from the dog bone and it would have been at least a ¼ cube, maybe a little bigger. Hmmm