View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 01:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
Not to worry and we don't lump any csx4000 owner in with Evan. Most get it, Evan is a unique case and has a history of alienating his fellow cobra enthusiasts, example from 2 years ago.....
I doubt that Evan is unique among his fellow CSX4000 enthusiasts. I'm reminded of a brief story that MrMustang passed along on Tommy's "Misconceptions" thread just recently:

Misconceptions

"Tommy,

I know of a particular PA based CSX4000 series owner (beautiful build) who repeatedly tells people the following:

1: The car was built in 1965
2: Carroll Shelby personally built this car himself, not for himself, but personally built it
3: All others are "nothing but V8 powered"kit cars built on VW chassis's"

Nobody will even bother to correct him, as he is a blowhard, and anyone that spends more than 2 minutes with him realizes it immediately.

Most people see through this particular owners claims, but I'll bet 10% do not."

Delusional is a word that comes to mind. There are CSX replica owners who feel warm and fuzzy inside that their title states they own a "1965 Shelby Cobra." Obviously, some states, say like CA, hunt down criminals with such titles. Nevertheless adjectives like "genuine," "authentic," "real" are thrown about out there and there are some owners who truly believe with all their heart and soul that they own a "genuine Shelby Cobra." They don't.

And it's unfortunate that the Registry is ambigious here, in my view of course, since it does contain legitmate references to "replica" and "Cobra-like" when describing the modern Shelby Cobra replicas. So, here's to hoping the next Registry will eliminate this ambiguity by removing the CSX4000/6000 and Kirkham Cobras in their entirety.

I'm sure Evan will check back in, in a day or two , and dispute this.

Last edited by RodKnock; 09-30-2015 at 01:54 PM..