View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 09:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft - Coyote
Not Ranked     
Default Lifting A Cobra Off The Ground

I need to get my Backdraft off the ground for general maintenance over the winter. My garage ceiling is low so a post type lift won't work. I looked hard at the Kwik Lift drive-on type but I don't want to invest $1600 for one delivered to me right now. I ran across a lift from Bendpak/Ranger. It is model BL-3500 Quick Jack (3500 lbs max). It has two separate hydraulic platforms to lift a car from the frame rails with room to move around underneath (unlike most scissor types). Has anyone had experience with one of these? They retail for around $1000 shipped but I found an online retailer that is selling them for a special $829 shipping included. Kwik Lift says their unit raises the tires 20" off the ground which puts the average frame lift height at around 30" according to them. The Quick Jack lifts the frame rails 20" off the ground so it would be roughly 10" lower. One plus for the QJ is that it's lighter and portable. They sell many to racers for pit work. Let me know your thoughts and/or experiences. I'm attaching pictures of both. Thanks.
Attached Images