Thread: FE Fail
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 01:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default FE Fail

Building and maintaining a replica Cobra can be a rewarding experience. The efforts result in great rides down the highway, a gnarly exhaust rumble and just plain fun. And when the occasional voltage regulator or MSD box fails, you'll repair those small annoyances and then get back on the highway for more driving pleasure.

Sometimes other unexpected interruptions surface and impact the fun factor. Some interruptions are severe and have negative consequences. However, knowledge can be beneficial, and when replica owners share information, it provides for an information pool that can be an asset to future and current owners.

I'm nearing the closing stage of investigating why a custom-built engine has been fraught with multiple internal failures. Soon I'll add more information to this thread that will provide an accurate history of observations, findings, opinions, even multiple speculations about why this engine reached its demise after sustaining only a dyno session and 903 driven miles. I'll also support the thread with substantial photo documentation. I don't intend to use specific names or business references.

To be continued.......

Last edited by HTM101; 11-26-2015 at 06:45 AM..