Old 11-27-2015, 07:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Craig,

I assembled the engine.

The intake and heads (if I remember correctly, this has been a year and a half ago) were sent by David straight to Keith after I talked to Keith and arranged the work. Keith had originally supplied the cylinder heads and since it was a "Stage 1" job, we thought it would be easy to throw them back in his CNC machine and go to a "Stage 3". Keith did the port work, valve job, supplied the valves, changed the guides to a 5/16" valve guide, and milled them so the T&D race rockers would fit. Keith also ported the intake.

When I received the heads, I assembled them with the correct valve springs, and I supplied the entire bottom end: new Pond aluminum block, new custom Scat steel crankshaft, new Oliver rods, new Diamond pistons, new Comp Cams solid roller cam, etc., etc. It was fully assembled here and I took the engine to my normal dyno shop and dyno'd it before sending it out.

To answer your question, I did not pressure test nor crack check the heads or intake. I also can't remember if I asked Keith to do it. Keith and I always talked over text message or cell phone, so I wouldn't have an email record to check.

Hope that helps.