View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

It really perplexes me that some get so focused that these hot rods (resembling a cobra) should have a ford motor.

However think nothing of the fact that it will be right hand drive, have a plastic body, possible parts from any number of various sources (which were never used on originals), will have retractable seat belts and not lap sash authentic seatbelts, self cancelling indicators, high(ish) back seats, big brake kits and I can keep going on.

Don't get me wrong, I am seriously addicted to cobras, and have been since I was 14 (30+ year addiction), have posters of them, toy cars , shirts, hats, been to the shelby factory 8 times, numerous books let alone the computer folders with images broken down to various makes, interior shots, engine shots and so on.

However, unless it has a CSX number and was build in the 60's, it's a replica or a hot rod at best.

So, do I enjoy driving my hot rod any less knowing thats its not real or doesnt have a ford engine....... hell no. I get giddy every single time I hop in it, smile every single time I drive it (been a little while between drives... but am working on this), always have a second look when I walk past it, look for any excuse to go to the garage just to sit and stare (mmmmm, maybe I should pick up the tools a little more often).

So, to anyone holding back on a cobra (hot rod) because it dosnt have a ford engine, don't deprive yourself of owning and driving one of the most enjoyable things that you could possibly own. You will meet new friends, have long visits at the servo as people want to talk with you, you will be the envy of the neighbourhood (mostly) and just be having fun.

And most likely, it will not be your last one either. So do not think that your first one has to be perfect (your first girlfriend at school most likely wasn't, so neither will be your first hot hot (cobra).

And to anyone who is considering building a $80K+ toy car, do yourself a favour, fork out the $129 for a flight to the Gold Coast and visit pace, you will not be disapointed. Not doing this would be like a guy waking up one morning with a new set of double D's, and then not touching them.